Why I have two majors.

So, for the past two months, I have been trying to cajole my alternate PIN out of my academic advisor, who happens to also be head of the mathematics department at my school. I need the PIN to register for classes. And I need it before those people who are even more perversely inclined toward procrastination than I am finally get around to registering, because then my classes will be full.

Unfortunately, he takes a week or more inbetween emails, and asks me silly questions about what I'm planning on doing instead of giving me the number. Like the salesman who keeps trying to get you to buy his tupperware, when what you really want him to sell you is a Colt .45 so you can settle the transaction once and for all.

Fortunately, I have two majors! That means I have two academic advisors, one for each major! All I have to do now is figure out what the name is of my other advisor so I can get in touch with him.

In fact, there is even more potential here, to play them off of each other. "My other academic advisor not only gave me my alternate PIN, he gave me a cookie! I like him better!" "No, wait, I'm not a bad advisor! Here is your alternate PIN and a whole box of cookies!"

Yes, life will be easy street indeed.

0 comments: