Super Superman

I have yet to subject myself to the new Superman movie. I don't much care for the nigh-omnipotent protagonist himself, but Lex Luthor seems a very agreeable super villain.

The beef I have with superman is that he spends too much time being immune to bullets and not enough time being a wuss. You watch Spiderman and in the back of your mind you think "Wow! I could do that if I were bitten by a radioactive spider!" You watch Batman and in the back of your mind you think "Wow! I could do that if studied martial arts and shrewdly managed some venture capital!" You watch 20 Minutes and in the back of your mind you think "Wow! I could do that even if I only had half-a-brain and was paralyzed from the neck down as long as I had an English-speaking teleprompter!"

But nobody has any delusions about jumping over buildings just because they see Superman do it.

Maybe we could cut the Son of Krypton a little slack for not being human, but he still needs a better offset than some lame metal allergy to counter his nigh-omnipotence. (No right-thinking DM would ever accept anything vaguely like his character into a game of D&D.)

I for one think nothing could augment this near-deity better than a case of debilitating hypochondria. Yes, he would be invincible, but his perceived weaknesses would be unlimited. It is as perfect as Batman becoming Batman because he is afraid of bats.

Also, he should have a mustache.

If you are going to deface something, you start by adding a mustache.

0 comments: